Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ahoy-hoy.



Hi kids! I'm Daniel, I'll be running this blog. Now, I'm sure you have many questions, including (but not limited to):

-What is this blog about?
-Aren't there enough blogs out there?
-Why are you doing this to us?
-What makes you think you're so damn special?

This blog is going to be exactly what the title is - stuff that I like. You're gonna get a bit of everything here; some music stuff, some video game stuff, some comics stuff, and maybe some movies and TV eventually

I have several reasons for starting this blog, but the main reason needs a bit of background. I'm currently in the process of getting my Music major in school; as I'm sure you've heard, living off of Music is basically a fool's errand. Essentially there are two ways to do so: 1. You're in a band that hits it big or 2. You do various music-related things and get enough money to live decently.

Realizing that it's very difficult to both be in a quality band AND have it become mainstream, I've been trying to go with the latter. I consider myself a fairly decent writer and have always been somewhat interested in Journalism, specifically of the music, comics, and video game variety. While I don't intend for any sort of writing to be my main job, there are worse things you can do for a bit of pocket change. The beauty of Journalism is that so long as you have something to show for your work, you don't really need a degree to freelance. So, essentially what I'm doing here is beefing up my "portfolio". I've also flirted with the idea of starting a blog because I like writing and haven't been able to write for my personal enjoyment for quite a while. It's also a better outlet for my opinions than talking to myself in the shower....uuhhh.....yeah.

Anyways, I was going to write a really long post about Mass Effect 2 (just beat it last night), but this turned out being longer than I expected. Perhaps I'll do it later today; otherwise, tomorrow, I promise.

Peace y'all
-Daniel

0 comments:

Post a Comment